Monday, October 28, 2013

The Netflix of Fitness Classes

So, after you've started to wrap your head around online school Physical Education, let's shift to the next big thing...online fitness classes and personal training. What?

You got it.  No time to drive to the health club? Just open up your laptop, log-in to your fitness subscription website, pick a class, clear your junk off the floor, and go!

Not sure what I'm talking about? CNN did a story on this last year. Read and think: http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/18/health/online-streaming-fitness-classes

If it still doesn't make sense, here's a commercial clip from Daily Burn--one of the more visible online fitness subscription sites:

Our class on Wednesday will focus on the merits of subscription-based online fitness programs, the pros/cons, opportunities for you career-wise, and challenge you to take a stand on this huge movement to bring fitness to the digital age.  For now, pick one of the links below, browse that site, class options, and tell me (or comment) in 3 sentences what you think. Go!


7 comments:

  1. I took a look at FitOrbit website. It reminds me of a late night infomercial, took much sales pitch for me. Feels like i was at car dealership. The program they offer may be beneficial to some people. The ones who like to exercise at home. I wouldnt pay for FitOrbit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at Daily Burn and the website was very professional. I liked the introduction as it walked you through their on-line fitness program and taught you how to navigate through the website. This approach dropped the feeling of hesitation I had at first and I liked some of the things they offered. They seemed to do a nice job appealing to average person looking for solutions to fitness and healthy lifestyle concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the EMG live fitness website. It seemed like a newer website that is just starting to reach its target audience and spread the word. To me the idea/concept is really good, but fails to meet long-term goals. I feel they could teach people the basic moves and workout routine which could give them confidence to to go live class. Building the connection with instructor and fellow classmates is what keeps pushing and motivating people. I feel people will lose interest with just online classes, just like Tae Bo tapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at all the links and I think the Yogis Anon (http://yogisanonymous.com/yoga-video-library.php)
    was my favorite. I liked that there is a variety of classes you could view they all had descriptions of what the class was going over. The site is very user friendly. They could add a little more color to the site to make it more exciting. I also liked the flirty girl fitness site. This site you had to pay for to view certain links and options on the site. What I loved most about it was how flashy the sight was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at My Yoga Online and I found it to be fairly user friendly. The site presented the yoga videos immediately on the home page. The one thing I did not really like is how busy the web page is, this may cause some confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I checked out the yogaisanonymous website and I thought the site was very easy to navigate through. What I liked most about this site is that you can pick your level of yoga experience, the instructor you want, and the length of the class. I think that these extended options are a great way to give every person an option to do classes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched the Daily burn video. I think that the website itself was very good, them showing how to access information from their website makes it an easy transition for someone that may not be computer savy. I also think they had a good selection of fitness programs. Overall I think the site was pretty good it was easy to follow and to get started.

    ReplyDelete